Monday, October 8, 2012

A little bit of rambling.


I took this photo in August while on a road trip home from the beach. Doesn't it look like a small village nestled in the hills of Europe somewhere? It's not. It's Harpers Ferry, West Virginia where the Shenandoah and Potomac Rivers meet. It is a toss up which state I was actually in when I took this photo from the passenger seat. In the short span of a few minutes the road that meanders through this scenic area weaves in and out of Maryland, West Virginia, and Virginia.

It was also on this road trip that a name on a bridge caught my eye. I double checked once I got home and sure enough - named after an ancestor! I find that the little bits of knowledge I have gathered while researching my family history over these last four years pop up quite often in my daily existence.

On another note, it's amazing how quickly the last two months have passed. We had a 30 degree temperature drop overnight and it has been overcast and gray for two days now.

I am looking forward to a lot of life changes from now until the end of the year. One of which will be an abundance of free time to catch up on some of my hobbies including genealogy! It is a treat that I am expecting my DNA results from Ancestry to arrive around the same time my other obligations slow down.

I do love this time of year!

No comments:

Post a Comment