Friday, November 2, 2012

Thoughts

I have so many thoughts running through my head. On Halloween I spoke with a relative who I didn't even know existed a week ago. This whole situation is a reminder that when stories within families are not told (or told incorrectly) you can lose whole branches of your tree without knowing it.

I took pages of notes while we were chatting (while I was sitting in my car freezing...but that's another story!) and I'm glad I did because we had a lot to discuss. It was exciting to learn bits of information that clear up questions I had about census records, name changes, and disappearing family members!

There are many questions I will never have the answers to, but what is important is I have 'new' family members to share stories with, and hopefully one day meet.

Solving one mystery leads to many more.

No comments:

Post a Comment