Saturday, November 10, 2012

AncestryDNA additional information on the way!

I was pleased to read in this blog update from ancestry.com that raw genetic data from our AncestryDNA tests will be available as soon as early next year!

When I made the decision to purchase a DNA kit I was aware that this feature was not part of the package and was okay with it. I figured I would eventually try out another service to compare results and select one that offered this information.

Buuuuut...as someone who had the most uniform results ever the possibility of teasing apart this information a little further is very exciting!

In other news, WWI records from the United Kingdom are free through November 12. I have absolutely no hope of tackling the possibility that I have an ancestor documented in those records within the next 48 hours, but maybe you do!

No comments:

Post a Comment