Friday, June 1, 2012

LFVP

I have always been interested in the chronology of events [this probably sounds weird]...especially when it comes to dates with special meanings. I'm the go-to person in my family for remembering birthdays, when someone graduated, and when so-and-so last came to visit.

One very mysterious member of my family tree is one of my 2nd great grandmothers. She caught my attention quickly because she was born on my mom's birthday and died on my birthday. I have no information about how she died, all I know is she was young...she was my age actually. She left behind a husband and a 6 year old (my great grandmother).

Thinking of genealogy in terms of dates gets confusing when you are tracing people back to the time of "The 1752 Calendar Change". When you start taking into consideration all of the changes that are nicely explained on that site, it becomes a bit mind boggling! 

I think my favorite part is the fact that the dates September 3, 1752 - September 13, 1752 simply do NOT exist!

Time stops for no one, but it will apparently move on without you.


---
Today my tree contains 1328 people and 1998 records.

No comments:

Post a Comment