Tuesday, May 29, 2012

The beginning

I embarked down the genealogy trail in 2008 after discovering some old photos and papers my grandparents kept tucked away in a chest that had ended up in my attic (it pays to hold on to things other people would throw away!). 

My interest was piqued and I searched the internet for clues to the stories behind these objects - dates, shopping lists, unknown addresses, and streets I didn't recognize.

Over the last four years I have uncovered secrets and weaved together stories that are so unbelievable that they just have to be true.

Myself; and a whole new view of who I "am".

We all grow up with the weight of history on us. Our ancestors dwell in the attics of our brains as they do in the spiraling chains of knowledge hidden in every cell of our bodies. ~Shirley Abbott


No comments:

Post a Comment